Ghost of Louie the cat

cat sitting by window



I used to work at a small options home where one of the residents had a cat. Unfortunately, when I arrived one night the poor cat had gotten run over by a car, and my residents were understandably distraught. 

We all missed the presence of that companion, even us staff, so much so that we did our best to find a kitten for the house to help the residents heal. While we waited for permission to get another cat, I woke up one morning around 6 am, the sun shining in the staff room (we were on sleepover status in this home at night) and I lay there in bed trying to figure out what woke me. I knew that our residents didn't get up until 7:30 am. 

I was laying there listening to the house trying to place what woke me when I heard the cat meowing. I thought at first it was outdoors, but then there was a pounce. I saw all four spots on the mattress where the paws ought to be, felt the weight of a cat, and watched in amazement as whatever it was walked up the bed beside me, before vanishing in mid stride. 

I never actually SAW a cat, but I heard and felt one. The bedroom door was closed, the residents were all asleep at the time and there were no animals in the house with me. I took the opportunity to triple check the locks when I got up and the house was soundly locked up. I have no idea except that Louie missed us as much as we missed him, and he came by for a little visit. 

I was honored he chose to visit me. 

Written by: 
Maureen C.



Have you had any ghostly encounters of your own? We would love to share your story! 

No comments:

Post a Comment